|Tic With It
||August 30, 1999
Updated October 10, 1999
|Tourette Syndrome Association, Inc.
|Detroit-East Michigan Chapter
As your new Vice President in charge of Education, I will be providing information on Seminars that are coming up in order for you to be the best advocate that you can be. If you are interested in attending any of these seminars please e-mail me for a registration form. Barb Schmatz
You still have an opportunity to attend The Explosive Child
New Assessment & Treatment of Pediatric Mood Disorders. See below
Panic Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress in Adults
- Children's Hospital of Michigan
3901 St. Antoine
Detroit, Michigan 48201
- Sept. 24, 1999
- 8:00 am-1:00 pm
- Registration must be in by Sept. 17, 1999
- The cost is $35.00 and includes breakfast, break and handout materials.
- Sponsored by the Wayne State University Department of Psychiatric and Behavioral Neurosciences and Children's Hospital.
- The seminar planning committee is headed by Dr. David Rosenberg, M.D., a member of our Professional Advisory Board.
The topics that will be discussed are:
- New Advances in the Assessment and Treatment of Suicide Risk in the Pediatric Setting.
Cynthia Pfeffer, M.D. (Weill Medical College of Cornell University.)
- The Role of Cognitive Behavior Therapy in Treating Major Depression and Bipolar Disorder.
John March M.D., MPH (Duke University Medical Center.)
- New Advances in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Major Depression.
Graham Emslie, M.D. (Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas.)
- New Advances in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Juvenile Bipolar Disorder.
Michael Strober, PhD (UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital.)
The Explosive Child: A New, Practical Approach for Helping Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children and Adolescents.
- Laurel Manor Conference Center in Livonia
- Oct. 1, 1999
- Michael Otto, Ph.D., Director of the Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Program at Massachusetts General Hospital and Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School.
- Call Blue Moon Seminars for registration information: 413-443-9273 or fax 413-443-7993
These seminars are usually sold out so book early. If you have any questions you may call Blue Moon Seminars at: 413-443-9273 or fax 413-443-7993
- The Novi Hilton on Haggerty Rd.
- November 5, 1999
- Ross Greene Ph.D. Director of Cognitive Behavioral Psychology at the Clinic and Research Program in Pediatric Psychopharmacology at Massachusetts General Hospital. He is also Assistant Professor of Psychology at the Harvard Medical School.
- Early Registration cost is $129.00 per person and must be postmarked by Oct. 22, 1999. Late Tuition is $149.00 per person. This cost includes breakfast, break, and handout materials.
Archive Table of Contents
Current Table of Contents