|Tic With It
Tourette Syndrome Association, Inc.
|The state of the Chapter.
Well here we go again with the start of a new year!
The new board would to give a heart felt Thank You to the board members who are stepping down this year:
There are other changes on the board this year beside Art, Barb, Connie and Carl. As the new president, I would like to announce the incoming board of directors. Welcome All.
- To our newest Past President, Art Abbott. We are not letting him go so easily. He will continue to help out as a board member.
- To our outgoing Vice-President for Education, Barb Schmatz. We are not letting go of her very easily either. She will also continue to help as a board member.
- To our outgoing Director of Public Awareness, Carl White. Sorry, for us, good for him, he is leaving to further his education. Good luck, Carl!
To let you know just some of the projects our Chapter will be working on this year:
- President Michelle bumbalough
- Vice- President, Administration Linda Annoni
- Secretary Sheila Jorgensen
- Treasurer Cheryl Serra
- Executive Advisor Art Abbott
- Director of Support Rhonda and Bob Bailey
- Director of Education Laura Kaakati
- Director of Ways & Means Open to volunteers.
- Director at Large Barb Schmatz
- Director at Large Tim Hill
There are a lot of committees starting and we need your help to continue our work. If anyone is interested in helping for a few hours here and there, give us a call. By the way, here is the new Chapter hotline number: 810-779-8872. I look forward to the new year and working with everyone. I would like to thank you all for your vote of confidence. I will do my best.
- I.E.P. in-service representatives throughout the state (with training)
- A few revisions of our by-laws
- Auction 2001
- Ideas for a few new fund-raisers
- More youth activities, including some activities for teens.
- Adults with TS support group meets every fourth Friday of the month at St. Johns Oakland Hospital in the Doctors Education Center. The address is 27351 Dequindre Road, north of 11 Mile Road. All adults over age 17 are welcome to join us.
- Teacher of the month/year awards.
Table of Contents
Other Sites of Interest