|Tic With It
||July 11, 1998
|Tourette Syndrome Association, Inc.
|Detroit-East Michigan Chapter
Summer 1998 Youth Activities
- July 16-19 Thursday-Sunday
- Family camping at Kensington Group Camp. Four miles west of Milford.
- July 16 Setup Day
- Activities in camp...fishing, hiking, games.
- July 17 Friday
- Kensington Park Day. Boat rental, fishing, nature center, beach and swimmng. about 10:00-4:30.
- Non-camping families wishing to drive out just for the day should meet us at the Dairy Queen on Milford Road near the north entrance to Kensington Park. Not the main entrance off I-96 at Kent Lake Road.
- July 18 Saturday
- Canoeing on Huron River. About 10:00-4:00. we canoe from Heavner's Canoe Livery, 2775 Garden Road, west of Wixom Road. Fees are $22.00 per canoe plus an entrance fee to Proud Lake Recreation Area. Non-campers meet us at Heavner's at 10:00 a.m. Each family bring a picnic lunch and cold soft drinks. We canoe as a group down the Huron through Milford, portage around one dam, thence on down to our campground in Kensington. Day trippers welcome to stay for dinner and s'mores around the campfire at dusk.
- July 19 Sunday
- Break Camp Day. Your option. Some leave early. Some fish, swim in the river and just spend a leisurely day at the campground or go back into Kensington Park for the day.
- We split grocery costs. About $20-$25 per family for the four days and camp fee of about $10 per family. You need to bring your own cooler and supply of soft drinks.
At least one parent must attend with children participating.
- August 9 Sunday
- Family Picnic at Four Bears Waterpark. Reservations required.
Tourette Syndrome families are the guests of Four Bears management. They cordially invite all families in the Detroit-East Michigan Chapter to enjoy the park for the day. If weather is inclement, call TSA at 248-577-0872. We have arranged a rain date the following Sunday, August 16.
Each family should bring their own picnic. A section of the picnic area will be designated for the Tourette Syndrome Association.
The fees are zero, except for the batting cage, putt putt golf, etc. Reserve space. call the TSA Hotline, 248-577-0872, Art's company, 248-585-8118, or use email@example.com
Archive Table of Contents
Current Table of Contents