|Tic With It
Tourette Syndrome Association, Inc.
Detroit-East Michigan Chapter
|Information about Orap
If you take Orap (pimozide), this information is for you...
As a precaution, patients should also avoid grapefruit juice because it contains substances that may inhibit the metabolism of pimozide by CYP 3A.
If you have any questions about this information, we urge you to contact your personal physician.
- Beginning in the fall, GATE pharmaceuticals began making Orap available in pills of 1 mg strength.
- A general notice from the manufacturer to physicians warns that the following medications should not be taken in conjunction with Orap.
- Macrolide antibiotics (e.g.: clarithromycin, erythromycin, dirithromycin, troeandomycin)
- Azole antifungal agents (e.g.: itraconazole, ketoconazole)
- Protease inhibitors (e.g.: ritonavir, saquinavir, indinavir, nelinavir)
From Tourette Syndrome Association, Inc. Newsletter, Winter 1999, Vol. 27, No. 3
Table of Contents
Other Sites of Interest